[Clipart] Copyright

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Fri Aug 26 11:26:47 PDT 2005

Thanks for the info, my favorite part is this:

Peter Mathijssen wrote:
> I do request
> that you NOT put it up on openclipart.org as many people feel
> that that gives them unlimited rights to use the artwork there
> which is what has lead to many inappropriate uses of the Daemon.

People feel that way, because it is true.  If it is in OpenClipart they
do have unlimited rights to use the artwork.  That's what CC Public
Domain states.

Yes, we need to do our best to insure that the artists have that right
to grant -- but users should expect to do anything they want with the
stuff they download from OCAL.

		--Ted