[Clipart] Re: SVG to png/bmp/jpg conversion.

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Fri Jun 24 06:09:54 PDT 2005

Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> writes:

>> (2) Since you are the expert in this field i would like to ask you one
>> question that what is the best option to convert svg files into
>> png/bmp/jpg files in my ASP.NET windows application in C#?

You will have to ask an ASP.NET or C# developer about that.  I think
the majority of us on this list are more on the POSIX sides of things,
although I think that may be changing with the number of subscribers
increasing lately.

> The *real* experts are on the Open Clip Art Library list ;)

Experts in what, though?  I think in Perl (or Emacs lisp).  My whole
attitude toward C# is that it's too much like C++ to be useful or
interesting ;-)

Bryce uses C (or is it C++?  I get them confused), but I don't know if
he has any ASP.NET foo.  There was a Java guy running around here
someplace, and a couple of PHP afficianados...  I don't remember what
languages Nicu knows, but I don't think ASP was involved.

The only Win32 programmer I'm aware of on the list is the guy who was
working on an Explorer shell extension for showing thumbnails of
SVGs.  Was that Mike, or am I getting him confused with someone else?

However, some of the more recent subscribers I don't know well enough
to know what their areas of expertise are, so maybe someone will pop
in with an answer...