[Clipart] SVG font

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Tue Jun 28 23:03:44 PDT 2005

Jon Phillips wrote:

> I think it suits our project best to release fonts in an open standard.
> Are OpenType or TrueType open standards?
>
> Supporting SVG fonts is something novel however. If we could include the
> SVG version of his font with standard metadata included, wouldn't this
> be okay in our Library?

But there is *any* application capable to use SVG fonts? Inkscape can do
that?

Personally I am disappointed by reading in the specs "SVG fonts contain
unhinted font _outlines_", I hoped for it to allow full color shapes, to
create something like a chromed font or a wooded and covered with snow
font (I guess it would be a cool project to create something like this).

--
nicu