[Clipart] PR Up - Please edit

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Mon Mar 7 01:08:22 PST 2005

Stephen Silver wrote:
> Jon Phillips wrote:
>
>>http://openclipart.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PrAnnouncement
>

> The number of images is wrong - 3595 includes all the duplicates.
> Probably the figures for amount of clip art submitted by different
> artists are also wrong for the same reason.

this is a known issue about i used to complain in the past (and made
some manual cleaning myself).
it was generated by our temporary use of folders instead of keywords for
classification and navigation and images with multiple keywords
appearing in multiple location because of this.
we can get rid of this duplication and still have an useful
classification/navigation only after we will complete the switch form
folders to keywords (this is why more programmers are needed)

--
nicu