[Clipart] PR Up - Please edit

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Mon Mar 7 00:46:55 PST 2005

Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Stephen Silver wrote:
>
>> Jon Phillips wrote:
>>
>>> http://openclipart.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PrAnnouncement
>>

>> The number of images is wrong - 3595 includes all the duplicates.
>> Probably the figures for amount of clip art submitted by different
>> artists are also wrong for the same reason.
>

> this is a known issue about i used to complain in the past (and made
> some manual cleaning myself).
> it was generated by our temporary use of folders instead of keywords for
> classification and navigation and images with multiple keywords
> appearing in multiple location because of this.
> we can get rid of this duplication and still have an useful
> classification/navigation only after we will complete the switch form
> folders to keywords (this is why more programmers are needed)

Yes, I just need more money right now to work on this and
Inkscape...hopefully in a few weeks I will have more cash
saved...ugh...yes, I agree on the multiple locations hack, but I accounted
for this in searching for the number of clipart by using uniq to only get
the files once. See my other email for the commandline one-liner I
used--pretty simple.

jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org

Inkscape (http://inkscape.org)