[Clipart] release

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sat Mar 19 17:08:14 PST 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-19 at 17:55 +0000, Stephen Silver wrote:
> Jonadab wrote:
>
> > "Stephen Silver" <ocalocal at btinternet.com> writes:
>
> > >   http://www.argentum.freeserve.co.uk/repaired-files-2.zip
> >
> > That too is now in incoming.
>
> Thanks.  Here's another batch (maps of Australia and Spain):
>
>   http://www.argentum.freeserve.co.uk/repaired-maps.zip
>
> This is the last batch of fixed images from the failed-file
> archives for releases 0.09, 0.10 and 0.11.  I think there will
> also be a few that can be recovered from earlier releases, but
> I don't expect to get them done before release 0.12.

Great, how many images do you think you have saved? How can we prevent
these problems in future packaging processes? You are cool for
recovering these damaged submissions...I'm sure the submitters will be
happy to finally see their work.

Another thing I hope we can do is go through the UNSORTED folder and
categorize that clip art. There are so many submissions in there that
need to be resorted. We should develop a short-term strategy on how to
deal with those. Maybe though it would be better to work on the larger
infrastructure in order to empower developers/users more. Thoughts?

jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org

Inkscape (http://inkscape.org)
CVS Book (http://cvsbook.ucsd.edu)