[Clipart] release

Stephen Silver ocalocal at btinternet.com
Sun Mar 20 10:11:40 PST 2005

Jon Phillips wrote:

> Great, how many images do you think you have saved?

I make it 218, including the 95 patterns from Alan Horkan and the
18 reconverted WMF files.

(By the way, my WMF-to-SVG converter is much improved since I first
mentioned it, though it won't yet convert WMF files that contain
text or bitmaps.  http://www.argentum.freeserve.co.uk/wmftosvg.zip )

> How can we prevent these problems in future packaging processes?

The bugs in the upload process need to be fixed, as that is the main
cause of broken files.  Jonadab has already fixed the problem with
MIME junk being inserted into files, so the main problem remaining
is the handling of non-ASCII characters.

We should also try fixing files before the release.  I've started
doing this for files in the incoming folder.  What I've done so far
is at http://www.argentum.freeserve.co.uk/pre-0.12-fixes.zip (but
this zip file will probably be updated before the release).  Whoever
prepares release 0.12 should replace the bad files with the fixed
versions.  I'm only fixing files with obvious problems, but this
should at least reduce the failure rate.

--
Stephen Silver