[Clipart] Duplicated items / keywords question

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Sat Sep 24 04:29:39 PDT 2005

"Nicu Buculei (OCAL)" <nicu at apsro.com> writes:

> When you say "only SVG" this is without both PNG and TXT? Is there
> any use for the TXT files in the release?

The txt files exist for the benefit of the navigate/browse tool, which
reads them each time someone browses a directory.  (This is why the
browse tool's disk utilization is so high.)  If the browse tool were
reworked to read from a database, that would help with the disk usage
issue *and* obviate the need for the txt files in the release.

The browse/navigate tool also must have the .png files, however, and I
don't think there's any way around that.

> I don't know (nor care) about OS X, but I suspect Windows is the
> only platform unable to automatically generate thumbnails for SVG
> files, so the usefulness of including PNG files is small.

I suspect that most users are more interested in the PNG files than
the SVG files.  I wish we had download statistics for the packages.

--
Open Clip Art Library:  Drawing Together
http://www.openclipart.org/