[Clipart] Open Source Software

Chad Smith chad78 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 17:54:32 PST 2006

On 2/2/06, Alan Horkan <horkana at maths.tcd.ie> wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Feb 2006, Chad Smith wrote:
>
> > There have been tools to view SVG in Firefox from at least 0.9, so
> making
>
> Not in official stable builds.  Extentensions dont count either, otherwise
> we might have to consider the feeble efforts from Microsoft as acceptable.

SO because it leaves room for MS to be anything less than evil it must be
wrong?  I don't buy that.  SVG support from Firefox has been offered here:
http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows-all.html#AdobeSVG and was listed on the
plug-ins screen that popped up as soon as you installed Firefox.  It's no
longer there, since Firefox 1.5 supports SVG natively.

> and not a memory hog.  And, AFAIK, Opera still isn't open source - it's
> free
>
> Open source or open standards?  I know I'd prefer Open Source but
> experience has shown me that badly documented open source is far inferior
> implementation is not Open source).

what does this mean?  I don't understand what you are saying.

It is all very subjective and there is room enough in the wiki for all
> projects which make the effort to support SVG.

Which would include Firefox.

I have no problem with the Wiki, but if we start listing every good
cross-platform open source program on the front page, we will quickly lose
focus.

--
- Chad Smith
http://www.gimpshop.net/