[Clipart] cchost test installation for Open Clip Art Library

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sat Feb 11 18:52:09 PST 2006

On Sat, 2006-02-11 at 10:31 -0500, Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:
> Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> writes:
>
> > SVG support (ccHost uses getid3.sf.net for metadata, maybe we can push
> > our needs upstream):
> > http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1353648&group_id=80503&atid=559969
>
> IMO, it is not necessary for ccHost to embed the metadata into the SVG
> itself, as we have been doing.  It *is* however necessary for ccHost
> to save the metadata that we need, in a location that we can access,
> in a format that can be parsed automatically.
>
> > Support for better uploads page (need simple remix, sample only, and
> > possibly one for screenshots):
> > http://openclipart.org/cchost/?ccm=/media/submit
>
> Screenshot upload is not something that should hold up rollout of
> this.  It is not essential to the site's core functionality and can be
> added later.

I already got it working...check it out! I renamed the section to
examples, because really, we should accept snapshots of our usage that
are not only screenshots, right?

> > Add Open Clip Art Library logo to header
>
> Yes, quite.

Would you take on figuring this task out please?

> > { What else do we need to do? }
>
> The CSS also needs work.  (Specified foreground color on unspecified
> background color makes for unreadable text...  quite aside from the
> complete lack of any visual similarity to the rest of the site.)

Yes...

> I can maybe work on that some today.  I will try to do my changes as
> an alternate stylesheet, so that they are not the default while I'm
> working on them and can be made the default later when they're ready.
> (The only trouble here is that MSIE doesn't support alternate
> stylesheets correctly and tries to use *all* of them, so IE users
> may see some of the experimental styles before they are officially
> ready for primetime.  I'm not sure what's to be done about that.)

Cool, I went ahead and made a stylesheet called openclipart.

I added you as an admin and editor.

The stylesheets are in cchost/cctemplates/skin-openclipart.*

You can create another set, and select them in your local setup of
cchost and once they are ready turn them on in the live setup:

http://openclipart.org/cchost/?ccm=/media/admin/settings

Also, once we move to where cchost is at our root installation, then I
can turn on pretty URLs so that we don't have this ?ccm= business.

Rock,

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org