[Clipart] cchost test installation for Open Clip Art Library

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sun Feb 12 21:53:05 PST 2006

On Sun, 2006-02-12 at 06:24 -0500, Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:
> Christopher Schmidt <crschmidt at crschmidt.net> writes:
>
> > Yeah, this isn't quite right. $vars['sitename']['v'] seems like it's
> > proably coming from:
> >
> > 'sitename'    => array( 'n' => 'Site Name',
> >                         'e' => '', 't' => 'text', 'v' => '' ,
> >                         'q' => 0, 'h' => 'The name of your site' ),
>
> Ah, that was the other possibility, but I'm not able to see there
> any value getting assigned to $vars['sitename']['v'].  It looks like
> it would be getting an empty string, so then where is the "Open Clip
> Art Library" coming from?  I'm lost.
>
> > In other words, I'd check the DB for the sitename, and see what you
> > can find.
>
> Aha.  That does make sense.  The string 'sitename' mightn't
> necessarily appear in the code if it's loading stuff in from the
> database, because it might just blindly load whatever's there in a
> certain table or somesuch.  That would explain why I couldn't see
> where the value was coming from.
>

> _________

Hey guys, the sitename is coming from the admin section of the site.
Jonadab, I have made you an admin. Click on the manage site link:
http://openclipart.org/cchost/?ccm=/media/admin/site

There is some funkiness with how values are stored in the db. I'm not a
big fan of how this is done in ccHost, with a kind of db within in a db.

Please help me collect any documentation on how ccHost works on the
cchost wiki page:

http://wiki.creativecommons.org/CcHost

I'm making the phpdoc system online in the next 1-2 weeks at cc, so that
should help much.

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org