[Clipart] Wiki Progress Update

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Fri Jul 28 03:56:57 PDT 2006

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006, Patricia wrote:

> Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 12:38:48 +0200
> From: Patricia <patricia.fidi01 at laposte.net>
> To: Alan Horkan <horkana at maths.tcd.ie>
> Cc: clipart at lists.freedesktop.org
> Subject: Re: [Clipart] Wiki Progress Update
>
> Hi Alan,
>
> This is why in the opensource world people prefer to have a discussion
> of what someone else have done. Nobody think to have a better idea than
> another.
> For example : you may add your message in the discussion section of the
> SVG tools and wait for opinions of people.
> You may also edit the page and after that, people have a discussion with
> you : yes or no it's a good point here and here... Someone may revert
> your page and then it will be your turn to say yes or no, etc. Revert
> war is really not in the spirit of wiki.
>
> I answer now to your question. I've been many years under windows.
> Installing plugins in Opera is really not easy and less spread than
> firefox.

You misunderstand
http://www.opera.com/products/desktop/svg/

"You can view the SVG using Opera 8 or newer. No plug-ins required!"

Opera had built in SVG support before Firefox.
(Opera has had just about everything before Firefox, but strangely less
and less people seem to be aware of it anymore.)

> I didn't erase opera, it was not in the list.

That is pretty much what I expected.

> The best solution if you don't want to add plugin it's to use firefox
> because it's already implemented. In opera and IE you have to add the
> plugin. There is still people who don't know and have never add a plugin
> on their browser.

I hope you understand now why I mentioned Opera.

Also the Adobe SVG plugin for Internet Explorer usually gets quietly
installed in the background on any computer with a newer version of Adobe
Acrobat.

Hope that helped clear things up.

--
Alan H.