[Clipart] idea for clipart requests and implementation

Nicu Buculei (OCAL) nicu at apsro.com
Mon Oct 2 02:02:46 PDT 2006

Jon Phillips wrote:

> Well, I started to think how we could put these on the site and get
> others to create vector versions and I realized that all we needed to do
> is to allow for people to upload descriptions and basic ideas/sketches
> for others to remix and create newer versions of the same file.

Unfortunately, they have excessive use of gradients, so an automatic
trace is not very good (but not very bat either), see a sample:
http://clipart.nicubunu.ro/boy_face1.svg

Anyway, recreating this set of images in Inkscape by manually tracing
over the jpeg should be trivial and would take about one afternoon for
one person (too bad I am not in a good shape for work, otherwise one day
in the next weekend would be more than enough).

--
nicu
my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/