[Clipart] idea for clipart requests and implementation

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Mon Oct 2 11:27:57 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-02 at 12:02 +0300, Nicu Buculei (OCAL) wrote:
> Jon Phillips wrote:
> >
> > Well, I started to think how we could put these on the site and get
> > others to create vector versions and I realized that all we needed to do
> > is to allow for people to upload descriptions and basic ideas/sketches
> > for others to remix and create newer versions of the same file.
>
> Unfortunately, they have excessive use of gradients, so an automatic
> trace is not very good (but not very bat either), see a sample:
> http://clipart.nicubunu.ro/boy_face1.svg

Yep, I agree. I think that several of these will have to be redone.
However, they are simple enough to be made from scratch and/or
reinterpreted IMO.

> Anyway, recreating this set of images in Inkscape by manually tracing
> over the jpeg should be trivial and would take about one afternoon for
> one person (too bad I am not in a good shape for work, otherwise one day
> in the next weekend would be more than enough).

:( I hope you feel better... :)

Or, different people could upload a folder and take on converting
them...or, we can just piecemeal it all :)

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org