[Clipart] [Open Clip Art Library] Upload Flagged

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Fri Oct 20 10:22:43 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-10-20 at 08:31 -0600, Gerald Ganson wrote:
>  re:
>
> "Delete it after a polite notification to that guy."

Ok, should we delete immediately, or allow for 24 hours of upload of a
proper svg? How likely would this be? I don't like the idea of just
deleting someones work directly and possibly burning them so they would
have to re-upload their file.

> "I think we should be strict about accepting SVGs that are only vector
> graphics without any embedded bitmaps."
>
> I agree with both of these statements, but I'd like to add that it would
> be great if there was still a door open for artists who use paper and
> pencils to upload scans and for bitmap artists to add uploads for the
> purpose of conversion to SVG by OCAL contributers.
>
> Much like the recent World-Label bitmaps in the requests section.

Yep...

> Ultimately the clip-art library however should be strictly vector art.

Agree...maybe we should amend out goal/mission statement to reflect
vector-only...just to make it more clear:

Drawing Together.

This project aims to create an archive of user contributed clip art that
can be freely used. All content of the project is public domain
vector-based clip art that is the W3C public standard, Scalable Vector
Graphics (SVG).

Jon