[Clipart] tag you're it (fwd)

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Wed Sep 6 21:46:34 PDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-09-06 at 22:15 -0600, Michael Moore wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 02:44 +0100, Alan Horkan wrote:
> > > My eternal admiration - and large amounts of my free time - to whomever
> > > creates a tagging game for OpenClipart.  (I'm forwarding my own message
> > > sent to a different list.)
> >
> > This would be a useful feature for ccHost in order to improve our tags.
>
> I don't think a Goole style game would work since part of what makes
> it work for Google is volume. They can be pretty sure of having >=2
> live people on there at any given time. I think odds are pretty low of
> having two people on the OCAL site wanting to play the game at the
> same time.
>
> I'll bet there are some other fun games that could be developed though.  :-)

True...do you have any ideas? Our new interface would be awesome and
easy to add to.

Aha, I came up with a good task!

We need someone to create mockups of how a good browser would look for
ccHost? I'm thinking of how we can have a nautilus style browser where
we can switch between list, thumbnail, possibly even icons that we could
drag around with some ajax magic.

We also need a mockup of how we could add a clip art request system to
our project. This would be so awesome! Like beyond cool...I consider
that its own game...to have a list of requests that ppl. can fill and
then give them a rating based on how many they have filled...think of
this:

Jon Phillips
+14 filled requests
+202 pieces of clip art
+300 reviews
+23 remixed clip art images
+45 examples

You get my drift...a way of karma points, etc...

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org