[Clipart] 0.19 Release

Nicu Buculei nicu_gfx at nicubunu.ro
Wed Aug 22 22:50:05 PDT 2007

momo wrote:

> I have a few questions about how this migration will be done:
> - will there be an account created under which all the old cliparts
> (0.18, 0.19) will be imported in CCHOST, or it's going to be more
> complex than that?

I don't think we know this for now, as I believe we still don't have a
tool for this import.
 From my POV, the ideal process would somehow keep count of the original
uploader and import into its account, so *I* can have ownership of my
old submissions and the website stats reflect this, but I understand
this is not at all easy to do.

> - Also, when will the migration take place, is a date already decided?
> - How can I help preparing this migration (cleaning and tagging cliparts
> before importing them maybe)?

And do it offline by opening the files one by one in Inkscape? I don't
think ccHost will use the metadata added with Inkscape.
It would not be easier to import the files and do the tagging live with
ccHost and after a few weeks of on-line collaborative cleanup we do the
release from the live version?

my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
my clipart collection: http://clipart.nicubunu.ro/