[Clipart] Attention all OCAL users: new drawing contest to show your skills

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 17:17:01 PDT 2007

Because the SOM logo contest went so well, we decided to host two more
contests at OCAL.

One will be very important and may give you a big start on your artist
career; we will go there later.

For now, there's more pressing matters.  Some people are complaining
that the banners available at SOM[1] aren't as good as they wished
they would be.  I told them back: you can make your own; the logo's in
the PD.  Regardless, if that's a general opinion it is a bad thing for
our project.

So, we are opening a new contest for all OCAL users.  Grab our logo[2]
and do whatever you want with it.  Color it differently.  Add weird
textures.  Use lightning effects.  Write some cool text related with
SOM.  Anything you like.  Just create something that you would not be
ashamed to show in your own web site.  That's the whole point of this.

Winners get credit, link back to their web site, and the feeling they
did something to make the world a better place.

Per the rules of OCAL, every submission will be under the Public Domain.

Jon: can you put an announcement in the main page?

-Ivo

[1] http://spreadopenmedia.org/banners/
[2] http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:SOM_Logo_SVG_set.svg