[Clipart] new user friendly

John Olsen johnny_automatic at mac.com
Mon Dec 3 08:32:54 PST 2007

I also see that the FAQs are pretty out-of-date with some misleading
information too.  For instance:

What is the preferred form of contribution?

Package your work in a tarball with a README and a statement that the
work is dedicated to the public domain (see our contribution
instructions). We encourage SVG as the source format, but other
formats are acceptable where they make sense (such as JPG for
textures). When saving please try and optimize your SVG for best
compatibility. Keep the SVG as standard as possible and try to avoid
features that are specific to your preffered choice of the software.
One may submit the compressed archive and, or individual files from
the web at http://openclipart.org/.

I'll look at fixing up some of this but wouldn't mind some help.

John Olsen