[Clipart] new user friendly

Nicu Buculei nicu_gfx at nicubunu.ro
Mon Dec 3 08:38:24 PST 2007

John Olsen wrote:
> out of date.  So I cleaned it up and made it reflect the current
> state of things.  It was left-over from the old site I'm sure as it
> still said you could upload tarballs, WMF and PDF files.

On a tangent: how about if we strongly discourage PDF uploads but still
allow them? With the improved PDF import in Inkscape, is trivial to
import pdf and ai files and then export them as SVG.
Sure, we can explain in the guide how the contributors can to this by
themselves, but it will 1. raise the barrier to entry, potentially
scarring them away (if we give the impression of enforcing certain
software) and 2. make the guide even longer and more complex, with an
increased probability to not be read.

my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
my clipart collection: http://clipart.nicubunu.ro/