[Clipart] clipart Digest, Vol 47, Issue 6

John Olsen johnny_automatic at mac.com
Tue Feb 5 15:23:06 PST 2008

Build a better mousetrap.  Someone has shown a way to take the content
and improve on it - make it more user friendly and accessible.
Challenge, inspiration or motivation for those here to improve our
site?  I hope.  I guess it depends on whether one feels the work we do
here should have it's own recognition or if we are happy with it being
the back-end to other sites.  My only concerns would be A) someone
selling the stuff that can be had for free, with little or no value-
added, but I guess that's buyer beware B) if we don't at least begin
to implement some of the refinements of a site like clker.com then our
site will be less and less relevant and we'll lose volunteers.  We are
pretty scarce on volunteers in a lot of areas as it is.  Submissions
great, librarians keeping up with their job, but bug fixing and new
features (or even features we HAD under the old host) are non-starters
here.

Inspired to help anyone?

Johnny Automatic