[Clipart] Submitting as Anonymous

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Thu Feb 14 23:10:32 PST 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-13 at 08:42 -0800, Greg Bulmash wrote:
> Due to the nature of the public domain dedication, I would feel very
> uncomfortable offering something by an "anonymous" user, because if
> someone later said "that's a copyrighted artwork", the person who used
> it has no one to point to and say "he assured me it was public
> domain." So, in that anonymous user's stead, OCAL becomes the target.
>
> Even if OCAL will put "anonymous" as the username, but keep a record
> of the real user behind the scenes, it's probably something that
> should be run by a lawyer before any decision on how it's handled (if
> at all) is made.

Wikipedia allows for anon, but the IP is saved in stead...on our old
site we had purely anonymous contributions...I think we should allow
anon again actually similar to wikipedia...and I had the code working,
but no commit have I done...what do you all think about this?

Jon

> On Feb 13, 2008 7:40 AM, Ocetalo <zelus.et.radix at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Greetings
> > I want to submit a country flag SVG file. Due to the nature of the work, I
> > don't want my username to appear but "Anonymous". What can I do?

San Francisco, CA
CHINA PH +86 1-360-282-8624
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org