[Clipart] Packaging the clipart for Fedora

Daniel Isenmann daniel.isenmann at gmx.de
Fri Feb 15 08:35:23 PST 2008

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 18:19:19 +0200
Nicu Buculei <nicu_gfx at nicubunu.ro> wrote:

> Daniel Isenmann wrote:
> > Nicu Buculei wrote:
> >> How about us setting a cron job to make a tarball from the entire
> >> "people" directory tree and serve is a downloadable package? (it
> >> will lack tags and structure, but is an easy way to serve the
> >> images in bulk)
> >
> > I'm not using Fedora, but I maintain the openclipart-package for
> > Archlinux. I like the idea mentioned by Nicu Buculei to serve a
> > newer package (or a way to download all cliparts in sum) of
> > openclipart. I would appreciate that.
>
> Note that a snapshot from "people" directory from ccHost would be
> *complementary* to the old 0.18 release, only a small number of files
> from the old site were imported *manually* in the new site.

That would be no problem...There are so many new cliparts on the
webpage, which you can just download through the webinterface. It would
be really cool, if there is the possibility to download those cliparts
from openclipart.org in a whole bunch, even if they have no tags or
structure (it's better with it, but not necessary). Even if they are
complementary to the 0.18 release, that doesn't matter, just merging
them together in one package here for the distro.