[Clipart] vectormagic

John Olsen johnny_automatic at mac.com
Thu Jan 3 14:53:53 PST 2008

They also compared it against Illustrator CS2 not CS3 and the tracing
in CS3 is much better.  You can see the file size bloat from your
example and much of it is just redundant drawing.  But at least it is
easy to fix.  I find Vector Magic most useful in some of its touch up
tools - nice way of working on an image before rendering especially a
color one with not as many clean edges as you'd like.

John

On Jan 3, 2008, at 1:18 PM, Greg Bulmash wrote:

> Tried it out vs. Inkscape 0.45.1.  See attached file (vs. their
> promos)
>
> Top right.... original bitmap.
> Bottom right... vectormagic (4.7 megs)
> Top left... Inkscape brightness cutoff (616k)
> Bottom left... Inkscape 4-pass greys (1.1 megs)
>
> - Greg
>

> John Olsen wrote:
>> having said all that nice stuff about Vector Magic, I should add
>> that  the SVG files it makes are bloated in my opinion.  It often
>> makes an  unnecessary layer of same color outline strokes with
>> empty fills.  I  find I can cut the file size in half by editing
>> that out afterwards.
>> John Olsen
>
> <sams.jpg>

This is one of 10 parts of a mystery picture.  Assemble all the parts
and return to the assembled picture to me and I'll have a prize for you.