[Clipart] Bulkuploading old Archived Cliparts?

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sat May 17 23:51:15 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-14 at 20:48 +0200, Hartmut Goebel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when I look at the http://openclipart.org/wiki/Authorlist I doubt that
> all of these images will be uploaded to the new system within reasonable
>  time. Esp. since there is no teaser on the main page saying "Hey
> author's please re-upload your image!" And not even a prominent link
> stating that the archive has moved.

This is cool hartmut! Let me know how I can help :)

> So the next weeks I may find some time writing a bulk uploader. This
> should not be such a problem, if there is a "low-level" databe
> interface, or some kind of XMLRPC interface.

We need a upload api accessible by the outside world actually...the code
is there, just not completely accessible. There is code in cchost to do
it from commandline script in /bin

> Is there a cchost test-system I may use? I do not know cchost and I'm
> not willing to install it (too much hassle).

Not that bad to install!

Yes, if you send me your ssh2 key as attachment, desired username, I can
get you access to the test.openclipart.org site so you can test things
out.