[Clipart] google image search compatibility

Jochen Staerk jstaerk at usegroup.de
Sun Jul 12 10:54:09 PDT 2009

Hi
> The site already tags the image description page with the appropriate
> RDF data, as well as a link at the bottom of the page to the CC

sorry, you're right

> There is also the issue of us hoping that Google recognises PD images
> have less restrictions than CC-BY, and returning them along with
> searches for the other CC license types...

hm, if pd is compatible to cc, can we use sth like
<!-- <rdf:RDF xmlns="http://web.resource.org/cc/"
xmlns:rdfs="http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#">

<Work rdf:about="">
<license rdf:resource="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/publicdomain" />
<dc:type rdf:resource="http://purl.org/dc/dcmitype/StillImage" />
</Work>
<License rdf:about="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/publicdomain">
<permits rdf:resource="http://web.resource.org/cc/Reproduction"/>
<permits rdf:resource="http://web.resource.org/cc/Distribution"/>
<permits rdf:resource="http://web.resource.org/cc/Notice" />
<permits rdf:resource="http://web.resource.org/cc/Attribution" />
<permits rdf:resource="http://web.resource.org/cc/CommercialUse" />
<permits rdf:resource="http://web.resource.org/cc/DerivativeWorks" />

</License>

</rdf:RDF>

- -->

?

That would explicitly tell them that the pd allows reprouction and
distribution, commercial use and modification, attribution permitted but
not required.

kind regards,
Jochen
- --

mit freundlichen Grüßen
Jochen Stärk

www.usegroup.de            (home office)
Albigerstr. 22             Huswertstraße 14
55232 Alzey                60435 Frankfurt

Tel: (06731)997997-5       (069)569940-20
Fax: (06731)997997-6       (069)559940-19
Mobil: (0177)4512645	   Jabber: jstaerk at usegroup.de