[Clipart] google image search compatibility

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Mon Jul 13 00:48:03 PDT 2009

That is the old way to tag pages with license info from ages ago. It
means that you are tagging the whole page, saying something on the
page is under a CC license or put into PD.

The new way is CC REL (based upon RDFa). The good news is once we
upgrade to the new software, we get this for free! It gives a way to
identify what on a page is licensed which way, rather than one big
blanket statement.

Make sense?

Its cool:

http://wiki.creativecommons.org/CcREL

Jon

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 1:54 AM, Jochen Staerk<jstaerk at usegroup.de> wrote:

> Hi
>> The site already tags the image description page with the appropriate
>> RDF data, as well as a link at the bottom of the page to the CC
>
> sorry, you're right
>>
>> There is also the issue of us hoping that Google recognises PD images
>> have less restrictions than CC-BY, and returning them along with
>> searches for the other CC license types...
>
> hm, if pd is compatible to cc, can we use sth like
> <!-- <rdf:RDF xmlns="http://web.resource.org/cc/"
> xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
> xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
> xmlns:rdfs="http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#">
>

> <Work rdf:about="">
> <license rdf:resource="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/publicdomain" />
> <dc:type rdf:resource="http://purl.org/dc/dcmitype/StillImage" />
> </Work>
> <License rdf:about="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/publicdomain">
> <permits rdf:resource="http://web.resource.org/cc/Reproduction"/>
> <permits rdf:resource="http://web.resource.org/cc/Distribution"/>
> <permits rdf:resource="http://web.resource.org/cc/Notice" />
> <permits rdf:resource="http://web.resource.org/cc/Attribution" />
> <permits rdf:resource="http://web.resource.org/cc/CommercialUse" />
> <permits rdf:resource="http://web.resource.org/cc/DerivativeWorks" />
>
> </License>
>
> </rdf:RDF>
>
> - -->
>
> ?
>
> That would explicitly tell them that the pd allows reprouction and
> distribution, commercial use and modification, attribution permitted but
> not required.
>
> kind regards,
> Jochen
> - --
>
> mit freundlichen Grüßen
> Jochen Stärk
>
> www.usegroup.de            (home office)
> Albigerstr. 22             Huswertstraße 14
> 55232 Alzey                60435 Frankfurt
>
> Tel: (06731)997997-5       (069)569940-20
> Fax: (06731)997997-6       (069)559940-19
> Mobil: (0177)4512645       Jabber: jstaerk at usegroup.de

http://rejon.org/
+1.415.830.3884 (sf/global)
+86.134.3957.2035 (china)