[Clipart] Licence

Francis Bond bond at ieee.org
Tue Jul 21 23:16:14 PDT 2009

G'day,

> Jan you do missunderstand. This is not a problem of the website. The website
> is a public platform. It's not like just 2 or 3 people upload cliparts at
> OCAL. Everyone can do it. The person who uploads the images has to agree
> that all cliparts uploaded are dedicated to the public domain and therefore
> they are. But that is still no guarantee! Mistakes can happen all the time.
> The responsability to make sure the images you want to use are really in the
> public domain is up to you and not to OCAL.

I disagree.   Once someone has loaded something to OCAL then the end
user should be able to assume in good faith that they are public
domain.  If the uploader didn't really understand the license then
that is their problem.

--
Francis Bond <http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/home/fcbond/>
Division of Linguistics and Multilingual Studies