[Clipart] Browse your Cliparts with Thumbnails :)

Michael Krnac michaelkrnac at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 14 05:03:18 PDT 2009

@ Tobi
victor fixed something now its possible to search for germany ;)
http://testvm.openclipart.org/cchost/search/results?search_text=germany&search_in=all

@Hrafn and ADMINS and Victor ;)
Yes there are errors browsing threw the Cliparts because in the database are
files listed which do not really exists in the contetn folder.

For example browsing threw the photorealistic category you get the error:
"/var/www/openclipart.org/htdocs/cchost/local_files/lib/thumbnail_lib.inc"(55):
getimagesize(/var/www/
openclipart.org/htdocs/cchost/content/Struthious_Bandersnatch/16032.png) [
function.getimagesize<http://testvm.openclipart.org/cchost/tags/function.getimagesize>]:
failed to open stream: No such file or directory [2009-06-14 11:51
am][127.0.0.1][/cchost/tags/photorealistic?offset=90]

This error because there is a DB entry for this file but this file:
/var/www/
openclipart.org/htdocs/cchost/content/Struthious_Bandersnatch/16032.png

Does not exists.

So Admins how we should solve this problems?
Victor is there a way to delete these broken files automatically or should
we do it handy in the DB?

@ Chovy there are somw new bugs on testvm because we use here a newer
version of cchost than on the dev server.
I will update the dev server to newest cchost and than we work again there
to fix all things ;)

When this is synced we i told you and than we can report bugs again and
finish all works.
You can try to finish help page and About page for release.

@ Jon
Ok i will move everything to htdocs directly.
Yes i have to figure out this SVn stuff and than i will push it to svn ;)

First we have to fix bugs and clean up the live data.
Than we can launch the site with the steps yout told me in this email.

I tell you when iam done than you can do all this press stuff :-)

>>Any thoughts on the rendering code and how to make it queued? Or, do
you think giving a day or two for the images to be generated is
enough?

Well the any user who browses the page generates thumbs ;)
When a user come to a file that has no thumb the server will generate it.
So after some days. All thumbs are generated i think ;)
So we do not need extra work.

>> Why can't this file be opened? The url works fine:
http://planet.openclipart.org/news/rss20.xml

Well i dont know, i have to take a look at it ;)

So far Michael ;)