[Clipart] CC Zero + OCAL?

Nicu Buculei nicu_gfx at nicubunu.ro
Mon Mar 2 23:20:28 PST 2009

Jon Phillips wrote:
> Hi all, CC is about to formally launch CC0 (pronounced Zero), and I
> was asked if we would like to be a launch partner. This would be very
> good press and give us some love.

I do not like *yet another CC license*, there are already too many of
them and too different, creating much confusion.
I can see people saying: "use the clipart from openclipart.org, it is
free, licensed as CC" and the inherent question "what kind of CC? NC-ND?"

> Right now, there are claims that the current cc public domain
> dedication only works in the USA, and really is used, as we do, to
> release works into the public domain. In europe this is a bit more
> complicated because there are database and moral rights in some
> jurisdictions which effect if something may actually be released into
> the public domain (if that legal concept works in a jurisdiction).

The good thing about PD is that people already have an idea about its
meaning.

my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
my clipart collection: http://clipart.nicubunu.ro/