[Clipart] clipart Digest, Vol 60, Issue 47

John Olsen johnny_automatic at mac.com
Wed Mar 25 11:14:44 PDT 2009

> Message: 9
> Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 18:02:25 +0000
> From: Thomas Hicks <hicks.kingtom at googlemail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Clipart] 10k release?
> To: clipart at lists.freedesktop.org
>
> 2009/3/25 Nicu Buculei <nicu_gfx at nicubunu.ro>:
>> Thomas Hicks wrote:
>>> Well, I suppose we will just have to upload another 14 files before
>>> tomorrow, so that there is no ambiguity... ?but personally I do
>>> think
>>> that c) should have been the number that we are going after as
>>> that is
>>> the one most people will see.
>>
>> There are 94 unchecked images, checking them should move the bar
>> above 10K.
>
> Hmm, I don't think i's the number of unchecked images as the
> difference in the numbers seems to be constant, and changes when I
> upload new clipart but not when I check them...

No, unchecked images are in the total - checking them in never changes
that.  More likely it is the unpublished images.  Also I wonder if it
doesn't count entry pages.  That would make sense so that the
thumbnail and svg didn''t count as one, but we have many examples
where a lot of related images were uploaded together.  For instance http://openclipart.org/media/files/johnny_automatic/7349
  has 31 different map symbol files all collected together rather than
uploaded as separate entries.  Different philosophies - I generally
upload things I consider a set under one entry as it is likely a user
would like easy access to all of them.  Others upload each item as a
separate entry.

John Olsen