[Clipart] A multi-languages search engine for OCAL. Your help to finalize it

Francis Bond bond at ieee.org
Mon Sep 14 08:58:00 PDT 2009

G'day,

This sounds like a great project.  I am afraid I don't know enough
about  ccHost to help with the tagging, although I really hope someone
can fix the system so that the tags are properly inserted.

However, if you are interested I could help you look up words in
French using a different method as well.  I have tagged almost 1,000
images with WordNet tags.   Using them you can directly look up the
French WordNet (or the Wordnet Libre du Français).  If someone solves
the CChost tagging problem I can almost certainly tag many more.

With the tags, you can avoid some ambiguity.  For example, if you look
for 'chauve-souris' Google will translate it as 'bat'.  If you search
for 'bat', you will not only get the mammal bat, but also the sports
bat.  Using the WordNet tags, you could go straight from chauve-souris
to the image you want, or if there is ambiguity have it explicitly
indicated.

The mappings and some not very good documentation are at:
<http://nlpwww.nict.go.jp/wn-ja/index.en.html>.  If you are interested
and have any questions please feel to ask me.

Yours,

--
Francis Bond <http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/home/fcbond/>
Division of Linguistics and Multilingual Studies