[Clipart] CC Zero and Policies and DMCA

jon at rejon.org jon at rejon.org
Thu Dec 2 00:58:47 PST 2010

I understand your feeling Nicu.

However, I was part of the creation of CC Zero and the updated CC PDM at CC
and it they were created to solve problems inspired by our project and some
others in particular in countries that don't have a concept of public domain
and even worse, legal infrastructure in the way of releasing all rights as
we want to do.

So, now if you look at the CC Zero, its called also the CC Zero Public
Domain Dedication tool.

I literally fought really hard against this CC Zero branding internally at
CC, but no one will get to hear those tales (well maybe over some beers
later at LGM2011 ;), but I lost out, or rather, I moved onto my new
lifestyle ;) THus, CC Zero and the CC PDM both survived and now have become
real.

So, we really need to go with CC Zero and these statements for our own good.

Cheers

Jon