[Clipart] Openclipart - striptease girl

jon at rejon.org jon at rejon.org
Wed Jul 21 10:41:11 PDT 2010

We need to provide metrics for when people help out and treat those
contributions with front page respect right? Bassel what are we tracking?

+1.510.499.0894
+1.415.830.3884

On Jul 21, 2010 12:27 PM, "Nathan Eady" <eady at galion.lib.oh.us> wrote:

chovynz <chovynz at gmail.com> writes:

> I'm aware of the clipart, I don't necessarily agree with the
I think they need to have whatever keywords are necessary to inform
people who are deliberately filtering out images that contain nudity
in a sexual context (or computer programs that are attempting to do so
automatically) that these images match that criterion and should be
filtered out.  Elementary schools, for instance, might want to provide
a clipart collection to their students, and such images would most
likely be unwelcome in such a collection.  So it needs to be
relatively easy to filter them out.

In general, I think we could stand to do a lot more editing work on
the keywords, to make the collection more searchable, more sortable,
and more filterable.  Anything that obviously depicts alcohol or
tobacco should have an appropriate keyword for that, for example, and
currently some of them don't.  Many images are hard to find because
they lack the words people would use to try to find them.  Other
keywords appear on virtually every image for no apparent reason, so
that it's unnecessarily difficult to find the images that are actually
relevant.  (Try, for instance, to search for an image of a book, and
you'll see what I mean about irrelevant results.)

--
Nathan Eady
Galion Public Library