[Clipart] Open Clip Art Library Theme/Seasonal Package Releases

Brad Phillips brad at bradphillips.org
Thu May 6 10:34:11 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,

My name is Brad, and I'm going to be organizing a batch of new clip
art to release alongside the monthly OCAL revisions.  What we'd like
to do is get the community involved in producing work that centers
around a certain theme every month.  These works will be gathered and
archived into a downloadable package that will act as a supplement to
the press releases.

Our theme for the initial package release will be Spring, so any
artist who's interested in creating some content for this package can
use the Spring Season as their guide.  We plan on having this package
ready to go by May 27th (to coincide with the upcoming Libre Graphics
Meeting).  I'll be personally working on clip art up for this
package, and it would be awesome if everyone else could jump in and
upload some work that can fit into this package.  Our goal is to get
at least 30 svgs into the initial release and continue growing each
month.

At this point, I'm unsure of the best method of gathering the work,
so input is appreciated.  Do we want to tag our uploads
appropriately, so that they can be easily rounded up in an OCAL
search?  Do we want to gather off them site & upload them all at once
to coincide with the releases?  What do you all think?

Let's make some Spring content!

Cheers,
+Brad