[Clipart] Responsibility. Was: clipart Digest, Vol 74, Issue 35

Duncan Cowan brendon.cowan at bigpond.com
Wed May 19 23:27:04 PDT 2010

Thank you for your considered response.

Point well taken. My lack of knowledge and experience in this field is
glaringly apparent.
However, I do find it difficult to grasp the concept of blaming the
library for the books.
i.e. The Vatican didn't, to my knowledge, string up Galileo's vellum
binder*.
I really can't foresee a way to manually screen each upload,
especially given the potentially huge,
international scope of your library. I hope there does not come a day
when images of prophets become chic.

Here is a link (found)via Google images legal dept. that I thought
might help.
http://www.legal.com/corporate/dmca.html

... and I did notice, since my last post, that OCAL does carry
some 'no' (C) & 'no' TM icons. My humblest apologies to the webmaster.

*Well, it's not really a pun.. is it?
Lurking mode back on.

DJ