[Clipart] Responsibility. Was: clipart Digest, Vol 74, Issue 35

chovynz chovynz at gmail.com
Thu May 20 00:01:10 PDT 2010

Hi Duncan

I hope you didn't take my reply as a "get back there!" That was not my
intent. :) ( I ramble with my own thoughts, which is what happened in that
case.)
In truth, you bring up good points; ones that aren't yet resolved for OCAL,
nor in my own mind.
"Jon Phillips" <jon at rejon.org>  is the man to talk to about the policies,
however at this stage many of the librarians work together to find out what
is and is not Public Domain. Some infringing things are easy to spot; others
are not so easy.

But again, I'm not concerned in the least about OCAL getting sued. My main
concern in bringing up these things is about - providing for and supporting
- our OCAL's claim that "The actual clipart content on open clipart library
is Public domain." For me, it's about building trust, not worry. I can't
speak for the other librarians.

I hope you come out of lurking mode more often! Thanks for your thoughts. :)

Cheers
Chovynz

--
Cheers