[Clipart] Problem with login to developer account.

chovynz chovynz at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 15:16:35 PDT 2011

Hi Jakub,
All questions are welcome. I'll also be copying this into the clipart mail
list so that other developers are aware of what's going on too.
Please join this https://launchpad.net/~openclipart.devel for future
tracking and communication of who is a developer.

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 10:27 PM, Jakub Jankiewicz <jcubic at onet.pl> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Sorry to bother you but when I wake up this morning, I've notice
> that I can't login to my developer user account (jcubic). I was testing
> this email issue, so I change it directly using database (to
> foo at bar.com I think), to see if I can change it. And now I can't reset
> my password because this email don't exits.

Please *do bother me*. :-) The more communication we have the better that
things can get done.

> I also change the country for my account, avatar to the same value as my
> normal account and just for testing, I change upload number to negative
> value to see if this account will be the last one (I forget to change it
> back to 0).
>
> Could you change my email account to jcubic at onet.pl so I will be able
> to use forget password, You can just run this sql.
>
> update aiki_users set email = "jcubic at onet.pl" where username = "jcubic"

Are you able to help me make a tool so that we can do that for users? Or is
this not necessary?

> Thanks in advance.
>
> BTW: If there are separate user accounts for developers they shouldn't
> appear in artists list.

Can you explain why you think so?

The current reasoning is that people need to know who the developers are, so
that they can ask the right people to do the jobs necessary. I raised a
security issue with Bassel (they have the username it would be easy to guess
the password), but he seems to think it's ok, and is not as bad a security
issue as what I think.

> And about this problem with changing emails - I think that the problem
> is in server side, because homepage changing is working and jquery code
> for homepage and email looks the same, it call the same page
> "?noheaders=true&nogui=true&widget=0" and the only difference is that
> homepage post "homepage" variable and email post "email", server
> this '0' widget.

I don't know about this sorry. You would be better off asking Bassel.

> And a question: can I ban a user "anabel4you"? Because this user don't
> upload any cliparts and he's sending spam I got this in comment 3 times
>
> " Please reply back with my email (anabel.awaza01 at yahoo.co.uk) Dearest,
> How are you over there? I know that you would be excited for the fact
> that you do not know who is writing. Actually my name is Mis. Anabel
> Awaza,Please my dear i will like us to hold a good long time
> relationship with real love.and I have something very important that I
> need to share with you. I am very serious; I shall tell you more about
> myself and send you my picture in my next mail.please reply back with
> my email address (anabel.awaza01 at yahoo.co.uk) Hoping to hear from you
> soonest. Yours Anabel. "

Instead of banning only this one person, we need to come up with a method
that the librarians can disable spammers accounts. Can you help me make a
librarian tool to be able to remove spam comments and spam user accounts? I
think we are all agreed that anabel4you is a spammer. I have no problem
removing them.

Actually, we should try this.
Set the user permissions from 3 to 101. (The code for banned.)
See what happens.

We still need a tool for librarians to do this. Developers only shouldn't
need to do this.

> English is not my native language, so I can be wrong, but this look
> like spam to me. And the account could be just deleted with all the
> comments. Can run sql like this "delete from ..." on database if I spot
> something like this or I must report it somewhere.

Don't delete it yet.

It is spam. I would like all anabel4you's comments
deleted/hidden,<http://www.openclipart.org/searchcomments/?query=anabel4you>but
more importantly, I would like a tool for librarians to be able to
delete/hide a user's comments, not just developers doing some fancy sql. We
need to get away from developers being the only people who can do that kind
of work. That is a librarians job and they need these tools.

There is currently a hot debate going on about which method of hiding or
deleting we should do. I'm for deleting, because they only take up space. I
see no reason to keep the comments. Jon is for hiding comments, because they
might be part of a comment thread. I consider this a not-legitimate reason
for keeping comments.

Actually while I was just thinking on this, I came up with a solution to
both, one that will enable librarians to have these tools, "permanent"
hiding, non-display, easy to find and remove by developers or database
keepers. This should keep both sides happy.

The comments need a spam flag, and a hidden flag. If either of these are 1,
then don't show them in the display/results. In terms of user interface it
could be as simple as the attached image. This will enable developers or a
bot to clean up (delete) comments marked as spam, and librarians to find
comments that are hidden.

@Bassel : In terms of database, the 49 cc_table_topics needs two new fields,
spam, and hidden, default values should be 0.
2nd @Bassel : Why do we need to keep asking you to make these fields? Isn't
there some way all of us devs can do database field creation? I think it's
ridiculus to have to depend on one person to do these menial, but critical
tasks. It slows the developement process right down to a crawl when you
aren't available.

> And another question: is there a backup of database (like daily
> snapshots) So if something goes wrong, it could be restored?

Not that I know of. That is Bassel and Jon's area. I think they do have
backups, but I have not asked the correct questions of them, so I don't know
what type of backups they have.

--
Cheers
Chovynz