Plans for hal 0.5.x

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Mon Dec 13 09:02:05 PST 2004

On Sun, 2004-12-12 at 23:05 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
>  2) Finish the gnome-vfs patch (see utopia-list at gnome.org) to a) make
>     the one-to-many patch work and b) show icons for all drives even
>     though they don't have media in them. Also make it not rely on the
>     fstab-sync program.

And making all drives show up even if they don't have media is a good
idea because?  I know it would be nice from an implementation standpoint
due to the broken stuff in the kernel and hardware, but it certainly
doesn't seem to be a user-oriented decision...  If you can't access
anything with the drive, why show it?  (floppies are dead remember...)

Dan