Plans for hal 0.5.x

Kay Sievers kay.sievers at vrfy.org
Mon Dec 13 10:16:07 PST 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 12:14 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 18:03 +0100, Kay Sievers wrote:
> > > Ah, so, in other words, you guarantee that all hotplug.d notifiers
> > > for /block/sda are done before you invoke the hotplug.d notifiers
> > > for /block/sda/sda1?
> >
> > Yes, exactly. All childs will wait for the parent udev process to exit
> > (exit == handled all notifiers). The whole event sequence is serialized
> > by the DEVPATH (including the PHYSDEVPATH device).
> >

> Awesome, great work Kay! I will change the hal coldplug code to do
> exactly the same.

Thanks! I've made that change after our chat marathon last week. :)

The latest changes are still only in my own udev tree:
  http://vrfy.bkbits.net:8080/udev/cset@41baeb5csO2Yy9I9K54Gpc11DNXSQg

but I expect the pull to mainline soon, as the gentoo guys want to switch
to the managed hotplug events.

If anybody wants a udev tarball including everything, let me know...

Thanks,
Kay