Plans for hal 0.5.x

Andrei Yurkevich urruru at ru.ru
Mon Dec 13 16:16:52 PST 2004

On Sun, 2004-12-12 at 23:05 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> With the 0.4.x stable series actually stabilizing (will release 0.4.3
> fairly soon, need to fix one more bug[1]), I think it would be good to
> discuss what to work on now. We've kind of discussed, so some of this is
> just reiterating those issues. There is new stuff also.
>
> These are the new device types I'd like to add support for
>
>  3) PDA; David Malcolm worked on this; time to merge his changes

I'd like to comment on PDAs here. There's been a discussion about
merging properties for Palm PDAs here recently, and I am working on
pretty much the same but for Pocket PC devices right now. What I would
like to know is whether the specifications for PDA properties have ever
been discussed here? I think that since different PDA platforms are in
fact very much alike when it comes to hardware we could treat them the
same way where possible. In any way, if David M. has already
decided/implemented anything regarding Palm PDAs in HAL, can some brief
overview be posted here?

cheers,
Andrei