[immodule-qt] preedit problem with kbabel

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Tue Apr 11 05:18:31 EEST 2006

Daisuke Kameda wrote:
> Jens Petersen wrote:
>> I tested both qt-3.3.5 and qt-3.3.6 without the immodule patches on
>> FC5 and still kbabel preedit does not work, so it seems indeed this is
>> a problem with qt itself.
>>
>> (I also tested qt-3.3.4 without immodule on FC4 and kbabel preedit
>> still works ok.  Not using on-spot-input seems to be the only
>> workaround for newer qt.)
>
> Would you explain what concretely wrong action is carried out?

Sure.  So if you open a .po translation file with kbabel and try to
modify a translation string then you should find that it isn't
possible to use preedit in the translation string box: I guess kbabel
may use a custom text widget.  Are you able to reproduce the problem?

> I make the action reproduce and investigate the code which make problem.

Thank you for looking into it. :)

Jens