[SCIM] scim-panel-kde patch worked

Cougar liuspider at yahoo.com
Thu May 6 15:17:31 PDT 2004

Hi,

> Okay, this is an argument. ;) For an end user who is
> native CJK writer it
> maybe makes no sense. Just thought for me as non CJK
> user *gg*

Ok, I think I will add an option to switch this
feature on/off in setup UI in the next release, thanks
for your suggestion.

> I have translated also the .pot file to german for
> scim-kde. Was not so much
> and therefore bit easier also to see where the
> strings are used in the
> program to translate them correctly. But some
> comments would be really nice
> for the translation strings also ;o)

You may have a look at file utils/scimkdeconfig.kcfg .
It contains all the options available in skim, and
some labels or whatsthis about each of them are also
available in this file.

> Will there change much in the next
> releases so we should better wait to add it until
> there is somewhat like a final release in view?
In the near future, I do not intend to modify existing
strings much. What I plan to do is just adding more
options and so new strings :)

> It is about "Stick(y)" and "Auto Snap". I
> tried to find out what changes with these options,
> but couldn't really find
> such a big difference. *hmmm* What should they do or
> change?
if option stick(y) is enabled, the inputwindow will
not follow the caret; if "Auto Snap" is enabled, the
mainwindow will always snap to the left or right
border of the screen. Hope they are clear now.

Thanks,

Regards,
Cougar