[SCIM] Re: Custom Keyboard Layout Editor/Interpreter for SCIM

Mike FABIAN mfabian@suse.de
Tue Jan 4 02:11:17 PST 2005

Yukiko Bando <ybando@k6.dion.ne.jp> さんは書きました:

[...]

> BTW, I tried replacing apostrophe and grave with semicolon and colon (which
> are easier to type on Japanese keyboards) in latn-pre.mim and it worked!  It
> doesn't seem extremely difficult to edit existing mim files, but I still hope
> someone will make a GUI tool for such purpose and also to create simple M17N
> input methods from scratch some day in the future... :)

Maybe it would be possible to read .mim files not only from
/usr/share/m17n but also from the users home directory ~/.m17n/*.mim ?

As Yukiko says, editing the .mim files is rather easy, i.e. if a
user wants his own special version of latn-pre.mim it might be nice
if she can just copy it th ~/.m17n and edit a little bit. Or, if
a user doesn't like the key binding in ja-anthy.mim she could
copy the file and change the key bindings a little bit.

Would that make sense or is that a silly idea?

--
Mike FABIAN   <mfabian@suse.de>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。