[SCIM] Re: mlterm will freeze if I switch scim-m17n engines

UTUMI Hirosi utuhiro78@yahoo.co.jp
Tue Jan 4 07:59:47 PST 2005

Hi Mike,

I found it in November 2004, but I'm using many unstable packages,
so I couldn't believe it.
Now I can believe it. :-)

SATO-san, Minami-san, what do you think about it?

Thank you so much.
Hirosi

-------
http://lists.freedesktop.org/pipermail/scim/2005-January/001408.html
UTUMI Hirosi <utuhiro78@yahoo.co.jp> さんは書きました:

> If I switch scim-m17n engines on mlterm, mlterm will freeze.
> $ mlterm
> // in mlterm
> Press Ctrl+space
> Choose M17N-ja-anthy
> Type some words => You can type them
> Choose M17N-zh-py
> Type some words => You can't type any words
>
> Does it work for you?

I have the same problem already since spring 2004.  This is
*extremely* annoying because I use mlterm all the time.

As a workaround I found that I can "unfreeze" mlterm again by focusing
another application using SCIM via XIM, for example xterm and moving
the focus back to mlterm.

> I can switch them if I use UIM.
> scim-m17n works fine with other XIM apps.
>
> I'm using them:
> mlterm-cvs-20041229
> scim-cvs20050103
> scim-m17n-cvs20050103
> anthy-6024
> libgtk+-2.6.0

I am currently using

mlterm-cvs-20040906 (a lot older then your version) and
scim-1.0.2.

I don't think the versions of the other packages like scim-m17n and
anthy matter because this problem happens with all input methods
supported by SCIM.