[SCIM] Re: mlterm will freeze if I switch scim-m17n engines

Mike FABIAN mfabian@suse.de
Wed Jan 5 02:52:24 PST 2005

Zhe Su <james.su@gmail.com> さんは書きました:

>   I can not reproduct such freezing issue in SL9.2 & KDE. Could you
> please tell me how to reproduct it?

Actually I don't have to do anything special. Just switch input
methods a few times and it should happen. For me it happens almost
always when switching to another input method and I have to unfreeze
mlterm by clicking on an xterm. But there are rare cases when mlterm
does *not* freeze for some reason. So please try to switch the input
methods several times.

At first I thought it happens only with focus follows mouse. But that
is not the case, it happens with all focus policies. And it doesn't
seem to depend on the window manager either. Currently I am using fvwm
but it happens as well when I use KDE.

Then I suspected that it depends on the speed of the machine but that
doesn't seem to be right either. It happens on my fastest and on my
slowest machine equally often.

And it happens on i386 as well as on x86_64 (and most likely on all
other platforms as well).

I use ja_JP.UTF-8, but that doesn't seem to matter either, it happens
in other UTF-8 locales as well.