[SCIM] Unstable version SCIM 1.1.0 has been released.

Zhe Su james.su@gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 18:04:00 PST 2005

Hi,
  I just released the source package of SCIM 1.1.0. You may download
it from http://sourceforge.net/projects/scim
  The major changes are:

  * Helper API for writting customized client side GUI Helper has been
fully implemented.
  * The source code of table IMEngine has been splitted into
scim-tables package.
  * Rename class SocketTransaction to Transaction.
  * Implemented class TransactionReader to read a const Transaction object.
  * Rewrite scim-setup as a Helper module.
  * Implemented class PanelAgent to encapsulate all socket transaction
protocol for writting a Panel.
  * Many bugfixes.

  You need to upgrade scim-tables to 0.5.0, older version can't work
with scim 1.1.0.

  If you are developing IMEngines for SCIM and want to implement your
own customized GUI, eg. setup tools, help window, lookup table window,
etc. Please have a look at the new Helper API. And help me test it as
much as possible.
  There is no detailed document for Helper API yet. Please just read
the following source files to see how to use this API:

  src/scim_helper.h
  src/scim_helper_module.h
  src/scim_imengine.h
  tests/testpanel.cpp
  extras/setup/scim_setup_helper.cpp

  If you are developing a Panel for SCIM, please start porting it to
new SCIM by using class PanelAgent. Please read the following source
files to see how to use class PanelAgent:

  src/scim_panel.h
  extras/panel/scim_panel_gtk.cpp

  You may report any bugs and suggestions in this maillist or
http://sourceforge.net/projects/scim

  Thank you very much for your support.

Regards
James Su