[SCIM] Re: question about scim

David david@plm11.pl
Wed Jan 5 23:59:56 PST 2005

Hello Ming Hai,

You can download files here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=108454

Look here, too: http://scim.sourceforge.net/skim/doc/user/en/

You will have to patch and recompile QT library choosing whether you
want binary compatible or incompatible mode.
If you choose incompatible mode, you will have to recompile every single
QT application on the system (KDE for example) - they will stop working
without this. I did that and am happy about the decision, but in your
case it may not be the best solution. Decide for yourself :-)

In my personal case it was pretty easy, as such things are automated on
my distro. I only had to wait for the compilation to end, so it is
difficult for me to give detailed advices. But the scim mailing list
will surely help you any problems you may run into.

I am sure more advanced users will give you more detailed advice.

Good luck,
David