[SCIM] Re: Problems using SCIM in Fedora Core 3

David Oftedal david@start.no
Fri Jan 14 19:02:01 PST 2005

>Do you see the entry of "SCIM Input Method" when you run
>"gtk-query-immodules-*" in a terminal?
>If you can see it, you can choose it by right-clicking on gnome-terminal
>window.

Yes, SCIM is selected.

>Is SCIM running? Try running "ps -A | grep scim" and tell us the output.

See the paragraph below.

>By the way, you wrote as follow:
>
>In fact, the results are identical whether I've started SCIM or not:
>

>What did you mean by above?

I mean what I said. I seem to be able to use the default SCIM input
method even when SCIM isn't running, but I can't use anything else, even
if SCIM is running. I can select other input methods though, either from
the SCIM gtk2 panel, or from the mysterious extra SCIM panel.

>Did you start scim by yourself in a terminal?

Yes.

>Do you have IIIMF too?

Yes, but I don't have a SCIM module for IIMF; I selected SCIM directly
from GTK+ 2.

Hope that helps... :)

-David