[SCIM] Re: Problems using SCIM in Fedora Core 3

=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCJUwlUCU/cywbKEI=?= nue-nubata@sheep.dog.cx
Fri Jan 14 17:55:41 PST 2005

Dear David,

> I can't actually input anything using any other method than the
English/Keyboard method

Surely you can't. You need to install an im-engine if you want to use
another language. (Like scim-uim or something)

Do you see the entry of "SCIM Input Method" when you run
"gtk-query-immodules-*" in a terminal?
If you can see it, you can choose it by right-clicking on gnome-terminal
window.

Is SCIM running? Try running "ps -A | grep scim" and tell us the output.

By the way, you wrote as follow:

In fact, the results are identical whether I've started SCIM or not:

What did you mean by above?
Did you start scim by yourself in a terminal?
Do you have IIIMF too?
If so, the problem is very simple.
You just need to select SCIM by im-switch or system-switch-im instead of
IIIMF.
If not, the problem seems to be much more complicated.

Thanks,
Ryo Dairiki <ryo-dairiki@sourceforge.net>